Transaction Facilitator Service
My customary fee for this service has been $1,000, but for an Eclipse transaction, a lesser amount might be appropriate.
This assumes that the property has not been "listed" and that no party to the transaction retains representation
of a licensed real estate agent or broker.
I will act as a transaction facilitator helping both parties, but not representing either party. All parties will be copied on all email correspondence.
I will provide . . .
- Up-to-date regional contract forms (pdf files — 24 to 40 pages) filled out as requested
- Excel spreadsheets detailing customary closing costs for both buyers and sellers
- The escalation addendum, if needed by buyers in the event of multiple offers
- Information for sellers on handling multiple escalation addenda
- Information on the purchase and sale process at critical stages
- A walk-through inspection checklist
- Information on reliable . . .
- Nearby closing agents
- Mortgage lenders (if needed)
- Home inspectors (if needed)
- Radon inspectors (not always needed)
- Termite inspectors (not always needed)
- 1-year home-warranties (not recommended)
- Appraisers (if a lender is involved, they will select)
I will also . . .
- Offer a licensed appraiser who provides a value estimate, without a visit, at a very reasonable price. Zillow and other automated estimates are absolutely worthless. Details here.
- Review financial entries on closing documents provided by your closing agent
- Answer questions regarding the process and how details are customarily handled
- Be your friend in real estate
I will not . . .
- Negotiate a price
- Negotiate disputes (home inspection, etcetera)
- Setup or attend inspections, etcetera
- Attend the walk-through inspection
- Attend closing
- Be your agent or your representative
Other options are available including
full-service representation as your agent.
* * * * * * * Click here to return to top * * * * * * *