Transaction Facilitator Service
A customary fee for this service has been $1,000.
This assumes that the property has not been "listed" and that no party to the transaction retains representation of a licensed real estate agent or broker.
Payment in advance is non-refundable.
I will act as a transaction facilitator helping both parties with
administrative duties, but not representing either party.
All parties will be copied on all email correspondence.
I will provide . . .
- Up-to-date regional contract forms (pdf files — 24 to 40 pages) filled out as requested
- Excel spreadsheets detailing customary closing costs for both buyers and sellers
- Information on the purchase and sale process at critical stages
- A walk-through inspection checklist
- Information on reliable . . .
- Nearby closing agents
- Mortgage lenders
- Inspectors (home, radon, termite, etcetera)
- 1-year home-warranties (not recommended)
- Appraisers (if a lender is involved, they will select)
I will also . . .
- Offer a licensed appraiser who provides a value estimate, without a visit, at a reasonable price. Zillow and other automated estimates are absolutely worthless. Details here.
- Review financial entries on closing documents provided by your closing agent
- Answer questions regarding the process and how details are customarily handled
- Be your friend in real estate
I will NOT . . .
- Be your agent or your representative
- Negotiate a price
- Negotiate disputes (home inspection, repairs, etcetera)
- Setup or attend inspections, etcetera
- Attend the walk-through inspection
- Attend closing
The option above applies only if ALL parties are Eclipse unit owners or tenants.
Other options are available including full-service representation as your agent.
* * * * * * * Click here to return to top * * * * * * *
* * * * * * *
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA